Princess Charlene of Monaco “almost died” in South Africa after undergoing numerous surgeries and losing a disturbing weight, only sources told Page Six.
Friends are worried that the Royal Family of Monaco is underestimating the seriousness of his condition after Prince Albert gave an interview last week, claiming that he went to a rehabilitation hospital after returning to power.
“It is unfair that he is presented as having a mental or emotional problem,” the source said. “We do not know why the House is humiliated that he was about to die in South Africa.”
According to the source, 43-year-old Princess Charlene had a severe infection of the ear, nose and throat, which led to “serious problems with swallowing sinuses, which arose from earlier surgery.”
“He has not been able to eat solid food for more than six months because of all the surgeries he has undergone,” the source said. “He was able to absorb fluids only through straw, so he lost almost half of his body weight.”
According to our source, Princess Charlene “definitely does not lose her mind, does not suffer from severe mental health problems.”
“He is exhausted from six months of surgery, resulting in inability to eat properly,” said the source. “And she desperately missed her children and her husband when she was stuck in South Africa because she could not go home.”
Princess Charlene’s anxiety about losing weight resumed after she posted a slim photo of herself on Instagram on October 2, followed by an announcement at an official event on November 19 due to “deep general fatigue.” »
Her husband, Prince Albert, later told People magazine that he had been admitted to a “treatment facility” outside Monaco after “it became apparent that he was ill” 10 months after returning to Monaco in South Africa. The 63-year-old royal family said they would stay there for a few weeks.
Prince Albert claimed that his current situation was “the result of several factors, which are a private matter”.
“He was obviously physically and emotionally exhausted,” he added. “He was overwhelmed, he could not cope with official responsibilities, life in general or even family life.”
Friends of Princess Charlene claim that she has been stuck in South Africa since the beginning of May due to an ear, nose and throat infection, which necessitated a series of corrective surgeries within six months.
“Obviously, there were traces of his various surgeries and procedures over the last few months,” Albert told People. “That, of course, was a factor, but at the moment I prefer not to comment anymore!”
He continued. “I can say that he was incredibly tired. He did not sleep well for several days, did not eat well at all. He has lost a lot of weight, which has made him vulnerable to other possible diseases. Cold or flu or God help us, COVID. ”
Charlie’s long absence from Monaco forced her to miss the 10th anniversary of her marriage; These reports reappeared after he was admitted to an unknown medical facility.
“There is nothing wrong with her marriage except that Charlene desperately missed her children and her husband while she was away,” the source told Page Six. “The truth was that he was too sick to go home. If he could go back with his family, he would be there right away.”
The couple, who have two children together, 6-year-old twins Gabriella և Jacques, have categorically denied the rumors about their marriage problems. Albert also continued to fight against rumors of other health problems for Princess Charlene.
“Since I know that there are rumors there, let me say. This is not COVID, ”Albert told People in an interview. “And it has nothing to do with cancer. This is not a personal relationship issue. And if you want to discuss another speculation, it is not connected at all with plastic surgery or facial work. ”
According to Albert, seeking treatment “elsewhere in Europe” was a solution that the princess had already decided upon upon her return to Monaco.
“He had already made his decision, ‘we just wanted him to confirm it before us.’ “He wanted this,” he explained. “He already knew that the best thing to do was to go and relax and get real medical treatment. And not in Monaco. “For privacy reasons, it must be somewhere outside of Monaco.”
“Charlene was very calm, very understanding,” Albert said, adding that “he himself understood that he needed help.”
“You can not force anyone to understand that he needs treatment, they must accept it. He was already in favor of it, “he said. “We knew that. We just wanted it to be confirmed before our eyes. We wanted to tell him that we love him very much, that we are by his side, that health is the most important thing for him. ”
Albert also said that Princess Charlene “needs privacy”.
“She needs time to relax in the best environment. “Even if we are public figures with our family,” he explained. “When public figures have health problems, they deserve privacy, just like everyone else. I hope everyone will understand that. “
He added. “Give us the time we need. “Give him time to recover, get better and return to Monaco with his family.”
And how Albert և Charlene’s children are coping, members of the royal family were photographed holding heartbreaking signs for their mother as she appeared at the Monaco Palace on November 19, Monaco National Day.
The twins appeared on the balcony with their father with the signs “We miss you mom” և “We love you mom”.
The Chamber did not immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.