If you are like most people, you may want to know when you can expect results after your weight loss journey.
At the same time, you can also find out if your weight loss comes from more fat than muscle or water.
This article reviews the stages of weight loss, the difference between weight loss and fat loss, and tips to prevent weight loss.
Weight loss usually occurs in two stages: the early, rapid weight loss phase, followed by a slower, longer period of weight loss (
Stage 1 – Rapid weight loss
The first stage of weight loss is when you tend to lose the most weight և you start to notice changes in appearance և clothing fit. This usually happens during the first 4-6 weeks (
Most of the weight loss at this stage comes from carbohydrates, proteins և water, and to a lesser extent from body fat.
Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness.
However, in the long run, research remains mixed on whether a low-carb or keto diet is superior to a low-fat diet for overall weight loss (
Factors other than diet, including your age, gender, initial weight, and level of physical activity, can also affect your weight loss rate.
For example, men lose weight faster than women, և older people can lose weight faster than their younger counterparts, although some of the weight loss may be muscle (
At the same time, you are likely to lose weight faster if you have a higher starting weight and exercise more often.
Stage 2 – Slow weight loss
In the second stage, weight loss occurs at a much slower rate, but it mainly comes from body fat, generally 6 weeks և after that (
From time to time, you may experience a plateau of weight loss, during which you will more or less lose weight.
Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness, which will reduce your metabolism.
However, weight loss platforms are more common because many diets are extremely restrictive, difficult to follow, which makes people deviate from them (
As such, you can follow a diet that fits your lifestyle and preferences so that you can stick to it for a long time.
In either case, you may need to adjust your diet and lifestyle over time to reach your goal.
Weight loss will be followed by two stages: rapid weight loss followed by slower weight loss. The phase of rapid weight loss is when you notice the most significant physical changes.
Although weight loss and fat loss are often used interchangeably, they have different meanings.
Weight loss will be followed by a decrease in total body weight due to carbohydrates, proteins, water and fats.
Conversely, fat loss refers to fat loss.
Fat loss is a healthier goal than weight loss, as weight loss can include water and muscle loss (
Muscle maintenance can help maintain a healthy blood sugar level, control inflammation, and maintain your mobility with age.
Although the standard scale can not differentiate between weight loss and fat loss, you can increase your chances of losing weight by eating a lot of protein, creating a calorie deficit by engaging in more physical activity, and reducing your overall calorie intake. (
Losing all fat is weight loss, but not all weight loss is fat loss. Fat loss is a healthier goal because it prefers fat loss over muscle or water loss.
Evidence for a sustainable weight loss diet is far from convincing.
An older review of 29 studies found that participants who lost weight through diet regained more than half of their lost weight in 2 years, and by age 5, they regained more than 80% of their lost weight (
However, these statistics should not prevent you from focusing on your diet or losing weight to improve your health or your image.
In addition, diets are effective only if they allow you to develop sustainable healthy behaviors.
Here are some diet and lifestyle tips that can help you lose weight (
- Enjoy self-monitoring behaviors such as following your diet and exercise. Keeping track of your calorie intake և Exercise increases your self-awareness of your behavior և How that behavior affects your weight loss goals.
- Find the activity you like. Ex exercises come in a variety of forms, such as cycling, walking, swimming, climbing stairs, or playing with children outside. Find an activity that you enjoy: Do it often.
- Healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables are available at home. If you have more healthy foods in your home, such as fruits and vegetables, instead of chips and soda, but a lot of processed snacks, the decision to eat healthy has already been made for you.
- Give preference to sleep: reduce the stress factors you control. Lack of sleep բազմաթիվ Many life stressors can hinder your weight loss goals. Develop healthy sleeping habits և Try to learn ways that can alleviate your anxiety about things you can’t control.
- Fill your plate with whole foods. Choose whole և minimally processed foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains յուղ lean meats. These foods can help you feel fuller, provide your body with the nutrients it needs to lose weight, and support your health.
The key to preventing weight loss is to develop and maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
You tend to lose the most weight և notice the strongest physical changes during the first stage of weight loss.
During the second stage of weight loss, you lose weight at a slower rate, but your weight loss comes mainly from fat, not from stored carbohydrates, proteins or water.
The most important factors in losing weight include adopting a healthy, healthy diet and exercise habits that you enjoy in the long run.